Friday, February 22, 2008

See this now

Again, I'm a bad blogger. Whatever, I'm busy, get over it.
Go rent Across the Universe now. Seriously. It's so good. If you don't know anything about it, get out from under your rock and read something.
It's a musical of Beatles songs. But don't let that scare you. Yes, it's a musical, so it's a bit cheesy but not in the Sound of Music way (yes I'm talking to you Uncle Keith). The Beatles songs really tell the story and the versions in the film are really really good. Julie Taymor (the director, who also directed Frida) does a great job of weaving the evolution of the characters with the evolution of the Beatles. It's set in the 60s and also uses the music to make statements about the time period, the use of 'I Want You' is absolute genius. Anyone even nearly as nerdy as I am will have fun catching all the sneaky Beatles trivia and guessing which song will be used when and next.
So stop talking, stop making fun of me for my Beatles obsession (make fun of the rest of me later) and watch this movie and understand what I'm talking about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Voltaire2006 said...

Pauline Kael said it first, and said it best: "The Sound of Mucus". So there.

Love and kisses,
Uncle Keith

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home